Johor Police Arrest Six Men Over Fatal Slashing Of 22-Year-Old In Pekan Nanas

KUALA LUMPUR,MAY,2026 – Johor police have arrested six local men to assist investigations into the murder of a 22-year-old man who was believed to have been slashed to death in Pekan Nanas, Pontian.

Acting Johor police chief DCP Hoo Chuan Huat said the suspects were arrested during an operation carried out from midnight until early morning at several locations around Johor Bahru.

According to police, investigations are still ongoing and further details about the suspects will be disclosed later as the arrests were only made today. Hoo said this during a press conference at the Iskandar Puteri district police headquarters.

The victim was found dead in a pool of blood in front of a food outlet in Pekan Nanas. He reportedly suffered severe injuries to his hands and legs.

Earlier reports said the attack happened in the early hours of Thursday, May 21, outside a shophouse near a food and beverage outlet in Pekan Nanas. The victim was believed to have been sitting outside the premises with a group of friends before several armed individuals arrived at the scene.

A CCTV clip that circulated online reportedly showed a white sedan stopping abruptly near the area before several men dressed in black exited the vehicle carrying bladed weapons. Those outside the shop were seen trying to flee, while some reportedly attempted to defend themselves using chairs.

The 22-year-old victim was allegedly unable to escape and was slashed repeatedly. Police later found him lying in a pool of blood with serious injuries before he was confirmed dead at the scene.

Pontian district police had earlier opened an investigation under Section 302 of the Penal Code for murder. The case drew public attention after details of the brutal attack spread online, prompting police to urge the public not to share unverified information that could affect investigations.

The arrest of the six men marks a major development in the case, but police have not yet revealed the motive behind the killing. Investigators are expected to examine several angles, including whether the attack was linked to personal disputes, group rivalry or other possible criminal elements.

The case has raised concern among local residents because the attack happened in a public area outside a food outlet. Violent incidents involving weapons in open commercial areas often create fear among the public, especially when the attack takes place at night or early morning.

Police are expected to continue collecting evidence, reviewing CCTV footage, recording witness statements and identifying whether more individuals were involved in the attack.

The incident also highlights the importance of public cooperation in murder investigations. Anyone with credible information is usually encouraged to come forward to help police establish the full sequence of events and identify all those involved.

For now, the six detained men are being investigated to determine their roles in the fatal slashing. The victim’s death has turned the Pekan Nanas attack into one of the latest serious crime cases under police investigation in Johor.

Leave a Reply

Discover more from EL SKY NEWS

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading