JD Vance Says Iran War Will Not Become “Forever War” As US Pushes Diplomacy

Kuala Lumpur, 20 May — US Vice President JD Vance has assured Americans that the ongoing war with Iran will not become a long-term “forever war”, as the White House faces rising pressure over the conflict’s economic and political impact.

Speaking at a White House press briefing on May 19, Vance said the United States does not intend to remain trapped in an open-ended conflict. He stressed that any further military move would be aimed at protecting long-term US security interests, adding that the goal is to “take care of business and come home.”

Vance’s remarks came as Washington continues diplomatic efforts to prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons. The US has maintained that diplomacy remains the preferred path, but Vance also warned that America is still prepared to restart military operations if negotiations fail.

The conflict, which began after US and Israeli strikes against Iran earlier this year, has placed heavy pressure on global oil markets. Reports said the war has contributed to higher fuel prices in the United States, increasing public concern and adding political pressure on President Donald Trump’s administration.

Vance, a former Marine and a long-time critic of prolonged foreign military involvement, is now playing a central role in explaining the administration’s Iran strategy. His comments appear aimed at reassuring voters that the US is not heading into another drawn-out Middle East war.

At the same time, the White House has continued to insist that Iran must not be allowed to obtain nuclear weapons. Previous reports said Vance had described the diplomatic process with Iran as “aggressive and active”, while stating that Trump had chosen diplomacy for the time being.

However, tensions remain high. The US has warned that military action could resume if Iran rejects key conditions in peace talks. Trump has also indicated that stronger action remains possible if negotiations collapse.

For now, Vance’s message is clear: the US wants to end the conflict through diplomacy, but it is not ruling out military force if Tehran refuses to meet Washington’s demands.

Leave a Reply

Discover more from EL SKY NEWS

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading